This is where you can log in to the secure virtual office.
The first time you visit the Secure Client Log In page, you will be asked to register. You will be create your own confidential user name and password. Once you do that, you can log in to do the following:
1. Complete the Client Information Form
2. Read and electronically sign the Therapist's Disclosure Statement
3. Enter comments into your own personal journal which I will be able to read
Your information is completely confidential, secure, and stored in a HIPAA-compliant manner.
Confidentiality and Privacy
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, which I am required by law to report to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Your health information is completely confidential and protected by me in HIPAA-compliant procedures in my office.
If you elect to receive a statement to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement, please be mindful that I am required by insurance companies to include a psychiatric diagnosis as well as a treatment code with the dates of services provided. Once your information leaves my office, I can no longer guarantee this confidentiality. If you have any concerns regarding this, please let me know and we can discuss them.
The reason I do not join insurance panels to accept insurance directly is related to these client concerns about confidentiality. Also, it is because many insurance companies will not reimburse you for couple counseling, a policy with which I do not agree.